July 7, 2021
TO RESIDENTS EVACUATED DUE TO MORRIS BATTERY FIRE
Kendall/Grundy Community Action has been able to access grant funds to assist residents evacuated due to last week’s lithium battery fire on the east side of Morris.
Paper applications are available at:
- Kendall/Grundy Community Action, 1802 N. Division St., Suite 602, Morris
- We Care of Grundy County, 530 W. Bedford Road, Morris
- Morris Area Public Library, 604 N. Liberty, Morris
- Morris City Hall, 700 N. Division, Morris
The application lists the items that residents can use the grant for. All applications are reviewed by staff of Kendall/Grundy Community Action to assure that all grants fit the parameters of the funding they have received.
Applications are due no later than Friday, July 23rd, 2021. Kendall/Grundy Community Action will review each application as they are received and will distribute grants as they are processed. Applicants will be notified as to if, when, and how they will receive their grant.
In addition to the funding received at Kendall/Grundy Community Action, donations are also being collected for this project via the Grundy County Disaster Fund. All donations received through July 23rd will be used in the best manner to support individuals, families, and, if possible, the nonprofit organizations that have responded to this incident. The Community Foundation of Grundy County does not charge an administrative fee for processing donations in and out of the Disaster Fund.
Donations to the Grundy County Disaster Fund:
- Can be made online at https://www.cfgrundycounty.com/donate-online/
- Can be mailed or dropped off to the Community Foundation of Grundy County, 520 W. Illinois Avenue, Morris;
- Donations of appreciated stock can be made to the Community Foundation of Grundy County account at Grundy Investments. Please contact Julie Buck at 815-941-0852 or Kelly Dransfeldt at 815-941-3544 for broker transfer instructions.
Kendall/Grundy Community Action, a division of the Kendall County Health Department, encourages self-sufficiency while recognizing the need for personalized, direct services for residents faced with poverty or crisis. KGCA administers the LIHEAP and Home Weatherization Programs (among others) in Grundy County.
The Grundy County Disaster Fund is administered by the Community Foundation of Grundy County in partnership with the United Way of Grundy County, assuring that both monies and volunteers are available to our county in times of disaster.