Morris Area Public Library Job Openings.
The Morris Area Public Library has an opening for a Library Associate. Apply today!
Morris Area Public Library
604 Liberty St – Morris Il 60450
Salary: $11.00 – $12.00 Hourly
Job Type: Part-time
Hours: Wednesday 8:30a – 2:00p Thursday 3:30p – 8:00p Saturday 8:45a – 5:00p
We are growing and changing and looking to add to how we embrace and enhance the charm of Morris IL. Do you like an environment of support and sharing, away from the noise of a big city? We are looking for a part time Library Associate to empower our patrons through a love of books, community and programs. If your goal is to support others as they reach their goals, join our library staff to meet the exciting needs of our patrons.
We are looking for positive engaging team members to assist with projects and programs within the library as well as in our community. If you are looking for a position where your focus on detail will benefit everyone, this is it. The Library Associate position is a blend of managing our collection and working with our patrons. You will have resources to support you as you share your love of books and guide visitors through our collections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
- Encourage, invite and welcome patrons to our amazing library
- Perform all daily library circulation operations with a positive attitude while assisting patrons with circulation services
- Use creativity to develop informative and entertaining programs and deliver programs to audiences in the library
- Create engaging programs for patrons of any age
- Support coworkers as part of a growing team
- Participate in the engaging design and maintenance of displays and bulletin boards
- Provide readers’ advisory services to all age levels.
- Rove the library to support patrons, provide assistance and maintain both collections and public areas
- Assist patrons in finding and using library resources, including reference materials, computers, public access catalog, reference databases, and electronic resources
- Support all patrons with first level technology assistance
- Uphold the patron’s rights embodied in the First Amendment of the constitution of the United States, the Bill of Rights, and follow ALA confidentiality standards.
- Uphold copyright and anti-discrimination and bias-free laws and regulations.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Engaging attitude focused on supporting an amazing team
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50lb with repetitive lifting
- Desire to empower patrons and coworkers as we explore the library
- Ability to research reference questions and serve the informational needs of patrons
- Creative problem solver to help patrons with all aspects of circulation services
- Ability to create engaging displays throughout the library
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to follow library policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with, maintain and troubleshoot problems with library equipment including computers, photocopiers, and audiovisual equipment.