The Morris Area Public Library has a position open: Youth Services Supervisor.
Morris Area Public Library is looking for a fun, flexible leader who empowers change and has a good sense of humor. We are a vibrant small town just off I-80 and our community represents the best of the midwest. Our new Children’s supervisor will enthusiastically find ideas and creative ways to provide services to our youngest patrons and their families. If you are a vibrant, forward thinking library professional who wants to lead our children services staff, we want you to be part of our friendly and interactive team.
Youth Services Supervisor
Salary $21.00 – $23.00 Hourly
Job Type: Full time Closing: When filled
Hours – Monday – Friday 9:00a- 5:00p (one evening per week)
Morris Area Public Library
604 Liberty St – Morris Il 60450
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Thorough understanding of excellent customer service practices with the ability to empower and motivate staff to provide exceptional levels of customer service
- Create and present exciting, developmentally appropriate programs for children and their families
- Actively participate in the development of our engaging Summer Reading Program
- Participate in and supervise collection development, selection and weeding
- Coordinate with and empower library staff through best practices and clear positive feedback
- Enjoy working with children of all ages to promote early literacy and lifelong learning
- Create and conduct storytime, perform outreach activities and spearhead quarterly large projects (bus trips, picnics, overnight trips…)
- Be comfortable presenting readers’ advisories, technology training and enabling patrons to read, explore and discover our library and their literary world
- Create attractive engaging book displays and foster a safe place for children and their families
JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must be enthusiastic, friendly, punctual and possess a positive attitude
- Exhibit strong leadership skills with the ability to empower team members and all staff
- Familiarity with Children Collection and Programming
- Previous experience working with children age 0 – 14
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Google and Google Suite
- Ability to exercise initiative with focused attention to detail
- Knowledge of tools and current trends in children’s library services, child development, children’s literature and programming
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team player
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
- Understanding of and ability to demonstrate Library Standards of Excellence for Public Libraries with a focus on Youth and Children’s Services
ADDITIONAL INFO & REQUIREMENTS:
- Patron or customer service experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and previous library experience is preferred.
- Experience in Early Childhood Education or related field combined with library experience, or experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for the position is required
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work
Call, email or stop by we are happy to answer any questions. Then send your resume, cover letter and references to: Rmai@morrislibrary.com
You can mail them to:
Morris Area Public Library
604 Liberty St
Morris Il 60450