The Morris Area Public Library has a position open: Human Resources Bookkeeper.
We are growing, changing and looking to add support and empowerment to our staff. Do you like an environment of engagement and sharing, away from the noise of a big city? We are looking for full-time HR and Bookkeeper, someone who knows budgets and people, someone with the experience to see how these vital pieces fit together. If your goal is to support others as they reach their goals, join our library staff as we grow into the future.
We are looking for a positive engaging leader to work with our staff and board members through budgeting, accounts payable, and staffing Human Resources. We are a new team dedicated to serving our community and need a bookkeeper who will be responsible for the organization and administration of the finances for our library related to the budgeting, planning and financial operations. This position will also support our staff through Human Resources strategies and practices.
Human Resources Bookkeeper
Salary $23.00 – $24.00 Hourly
Job Type Full time Closing When filled
Hours are Monday – Friday 9:00a- 5:00p (2nd Monday Board meeting)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Process invoices and maintain bookkeeping records, compile monthly statistics and reports
- Public board agenda and minutes in accordance with the Open Meetings Act. Compile, post and distribute monthly board packets. Attend monthly board meetings (after hours) – take and transcribe minutes
- Oversee Accounts Payable, be responsible for the payment of invoices and work with vendors for clarity and accuracy
- Maintain personnel files, complete all new hire paperwork and complete all necessary paperwork upon employee separation from employment
- Ability to prioritize the use of time and resources to meet the goals and needs of the library and community
- Empower and facilitate staff through training and professional development
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with interests in leading and motivating staff
- Integrity in working with employees and handling confidential information
JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associates Degree or two years of college coursework in Accounting or Business Management
- Familiarity with HR resources and best practices
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Google and Google suite
- Ability to exercise initiative with focused attention to detail
- Understanding of all audit information and filing procedures
- Understanding fund accounting systems
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment law
- Ability to sit and work on computer for prolonged periods
- Light to moderate lifting (up to 20 lbs)
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
- Understanding of and ability to demonstrate Library Standards of Excellence for Public Libraries
Call, email or stop by we are happy to answer any questions. Then send your resume, cover letter and references to: Rmai@morrislibrary.com
You can mail them to:
Morris Area Public Library
604 Liberty St
Morris Il 60450