Encyclopedias, almanacs, dictionaries, statistics, and other sites for quickly looking up facts.
(Items marked with ** require your library card number and catalog PIN for access from home.)
- ReferenceUSA**: Business, residential, and healthcare listings for the US and Canada. Residential listings include an option for consumer mapping.
- WorldAlmanac via FirstSearch **: Includes Funk & Wagnall's New Encylopedia, the World Almanac and Book of Facts, the World Almanac of the U.S.A., the World Almanac of U.S. Politics, and the World Almanac for Kids.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library **: E-books that cover a variety of topics from biographies and business to science and social studies.
- World Book Web: Online versions of the popular encyclopedia. Each section is written for a different audience--kids (World Book Online for Kids), teens (Info FInder), adults (Reference Center), Spanish-language (Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos), etc.
- Infoplease.com: Information Please Almanac, atlases, and more.
- Wikipedia: "The free encyclopedia that anyone can edit."
- OneLook Dictionary Search: Look up words in almost 1000 online dictionaries at the same time.
- World Factbook: The CIA's book of country profiles.
- Digital Public Library of America: Over 2,000,000 free-to-access items from libraries, archives, and museums across the country